Rod Fishing Licence

Planning a fishing trip? Please make sure you’ve got the right licence before you set off. Prices have been frozen for 2014/2015.

Key benefits
  • Good value for money: At £27 (or £72 to also fish for salmon and sea trout), the annual licence is great value for money – it’s the same price as last year
  • Quick and easy: It’s easy to buy online – try doing it digitally
  • Flexible options: choose a 1 or 8 day licence or get covered for the full season making sure you continue to fish legally

How it works

Applying for your licence is easy – just choose what’s best for you.

  1. Which is the right licence for me?
    Do you need a Non-Migratory Trout & Coarse or a Salmon & Sea Trout Licence? Remember, the Salmon & Sea Trout Licence also covers you for non-migratory trout and coarse. Full season or short term? If your trip’s a one-off, consider the 1 or 8 day licence options. If you’re a regular angler, you can get cover for the full season
  2. Apply
    You can buy your licence online, in branch or by phone. Full contact details can be found in the right hand column.
  3. Valid Licence?
    Please make sure your licence is in date. However you apply you can go fishing with your email confirmation, receipt or reference number whilst we post your licence to you.

For help purchasing your licence watch an online tutorial from the Environment Agency below

Concessions available

  • Senior – for age 65+
  • Junior – for age 12-16 inclusive
  • Disabled – for those in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (or Personal Independence Payment) and Blue Badge Holders. Please note, you will need your National Insurance number or Blue Badge number for your concession.

Do you need a second licence?

If you’re fishing for coarse fish with three or four rods, you’ll need to buy a second licence. It’s exactly the same process – just make sure you’ve got both licences with you when you’re fishing.

Don’t get caught out

Make sure you are fishing legally. Any angler aged 12 or over, fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel in England (except the River Tweed), Wales, and the Border Esk (and its tributaries in Scotland) must have a valid Environment Agency Rod Fishing Licence. For further details check the following Terms and Conditions (PDF 52kb)

Post Office sells Rod Fishing Licences on behalf of the Environment Agency.

Prices for 2014/15 Rod Fishing Licences are valid from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015

rod fishing licence prices

Get Your Full Rod Licence

Can We Help?

To buy a Rod Fishing Licence please call:

0344 800 5386

1 March – 30 September
Mon-Sun, 8.30am-8pm
1 October – 28 February
Mon-Sat, 8.30am-6pm
Closed bank holidays except Good Fri & Easter Mon

More about Rod Fishing Licences:

The Angling Trust

Date for the diary

  • Rod Fishing Licences (full and concessionary) expire on 31 March each year – make sure you’re up to date Read our FAQs

Prefer To Talk

Please call us on

0115 962 1233

Pop In

Our Address

155 Woodthorpe Drive
NG3 5Jl

Our Opening Times

Mon 09.00 – 17.30
Tue 09.00 – 17.30
Wed 09.00 – 17.30
Thu 09.00 – 17.30
Fri 09.00 – 17.30
Sat 09.00 – 15.00

Please Share This Page
Share with your friends